In todays class we talked about 'representative sample'. I didn't get it. Because, as far I know, sample is the representative of the population. Then whats the difference between 'representative sample and sample'?
Especially, I want Zubair you to contribute in it, because you answered it today :)
There is a difference between a sample and a representative sample. A representative sample is a carefully chosen sample which represents all the segments/constituents/behaviors of the population it is supposed to represent. I hope it is clear now :-)
Sample is a manageable subset of the whole popultaion while a representative sample as stated by zubair is a manageable subset of the target population. Those you actually want to go after.
There is a difference between a sample and a representative sample. A representative sample is a carefully chosen sample which represents all the segments/constituents/behaviors of the population it is supposed to represent.
ReplyDeleteI hope it is clear now :-)
Sample is a manageable subset of the whole popultaion while a representative sample as stated by zubair is a manageable subset of the target population. Those you actually want to go after.
ReplyDelete